Training for combat sports like MMA, BJJ, judo, wrestling, kickboxing, and boxing requires a great amount of attributes. Unlike a power lifter or a marathon runner, focusing on strength or endurance alone won’t cut it. You need to develop it all. During each phase of this year long MMA/BJJ conditioning program, we will cover each facet of the major attributes needed by combat athletes, including strength, flexibility, and endurance. The first cycle will focus on general physical preparedness, or GPP. The final phase will be a month-long weight cutting program to help prepare for a fight or match. Once the program is done, you will have achieved your foundational physical needs, which you can maintain while focusing on your skill from that point onward. You will also be able to prep for competition successfully, including getting down to the weight you need to be at.
Dynamic Warm Up – Focus on ankles, hips, shoulders, and neck:
20 reps per movement:
- Ankle Dorsiflexion: Flex the ankles up toward your shin and lower to the ground.
- Calf Raises
- Front Leg Swing R/L
- Back Leg Swing R/L: Avoid arching your back during this movement, allowing your hips to initiate the momentum.
- Side Leg Swing R/L
- Scapular Protraction/Retraction: With your arms straight in front of you, move your shoulder blades forward and backward.
- Shoulder Shrugs
- Lateral Arm Swings
- Overhead Arm Swings: Keep your palms facing forward.
- Lateral Neck Stretch: Look straight ahead and bring your ear to your shoulder, alternating sides, without shrugging the shoulders.
- Neck Flexion: Look up and down, focusing on extending through the neck during both movements.
Overhead Press: 2 x 17 with your 12 rep max
Pullups/pulldowns: 5 x 9 with your 8 rep max
Rack pull hold: for time
40 minutes cardio at 150 bpm
5 minute cardio at 170+ bpm
30 Day FREE MMA
With these exercises you will be able to achieve top physical performance that you need for MMA. At MMA Gym in Alhambra you will be able to be in your best performing shape. Take some time out of your life and exercise with the regimen listed above and you will see the significant improvements. You are going to see results because we guarantee those results or your money back! We offer a 30 day free trial that will make you see the results that you want and need in your life.
Start Your MMA Training NOW!
CLICK HERE to start taking advantage of a once in a lifetime opportunity at MMA Gym in Alhambra. Our classes will improve your shape in a matter of weeks, as long as you are committed to the MMA program. Our program is made to help you in all aspects of life because you will gain health, discipline, and more. We provide convenient courses for you to train MMA at an affordable price and you will train with the best instructors that will help you achieve your goals in MMA and in life. Start an experience that will improve the way you live and see your future.