Did you know there are free Kids Jiu Jitsu Classes in Montebello going on right now?
That’s right, there are free Kids Jiu Jitsu classes in Montebello going on right now to help you decide on what program is best for your child. The main reason gyms offer free classes, not only for kids, is to give people a chance to fully appreciate exactly what it is they are going to be getting into. Some people understand what this kind of martial art means and some people think that it’s just another type of karate or Taekwondo class. Giving your child a chance to try out free kids Jiu Jitsu Classes in Montebello will help you assess the gym and help you decide if the place is best for him or her. Before you go out to let your child try some free classes you should read on and understand what you should be looking out for while your child is attending class.
For those of you that may not know, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a combat grappling sport with emphasis on proper leverage and techniques. It was designed with the little person in mind being able to take on a much larger and stronger opponent and in combination with it’s use in the UFC and other mixed martial arts organizations the sport has become incredibly popular. Jiu Jitsu has it’s own tournaments and competitions that are strictly just Jiu Jitsu and no mixed martial arts that vary from place to place. Some competitions go submission only while others have point systems for control positions. There are competitions and tournaments for children as well but they are much more strict on what they are allowed to do and are very carefully monitored during a match.
Some of you might be thinking “How do we find a program for our child?” and we have the answers. Not every gym out there may be good for your kid and there are certain things you need to look out for. Just because a gym offers Jiu Jitsu classes doesn’t mean they offer classes for kids and this might waste some of your time checking it out. It also doesn’t mean that places offer the same level of training or even have similar facilities. There are even differences on their styles of teaching and techniques. Some gyms may be more experienced with working with children than others places and some might have more experience with the competition scene than others. Here are some things you should look for.
5 Things to look for while your child attends Kids Jiu Jitsu Classes in Montebello
1. Double Check – Give the gym a call before anything to find out some information regarding classes. Double check to see if there are kid’s classes being offered and if they do, they should have some free trial you can come in to use for your child. This might seem silly but it is much better than potentially wasting your time dropping by a gym only to find out they don’t offer kid’s classes. Although it might be rare to come across a gym that actually doesn’t offer Kids Jiu Jitsu Classes in Montebello, you can also gather some other useful information. Things such as if the gym only goes by appointment or if they have multiple locations that you don’t know about and even days they may not be open. It is only a phone call!
2. Experience – Like mentioned previously, some gyms have more experience working with children than other gyms and of course you are going to want to have your child attend the more experienced gym. There are also gyms that have more experience with competitions and working with children. The gyms with competition experience are, from our experience, the best gyms with the best types of training. The teachings that goes on at this type of gym compared to a gym with poor competition experience or history are battle tested and clearly proven to be superior. In the end it is up to you to decide what type of experience your child should go through.
3. Cleanliness – There is no excuse for a poor example of this, a gym MUST be clean and well taken care of. You don’t want your child attending a dirty gym with potential for things like ring worm or staph infections. If you think a gym isn’t taken care of and dirty then get your child away from there. There is nothing worse than the health hazard from dirty mats which is so easily taken care of daily at clean gyms.
4. Discipline – While Jiu Jitsu is considered a combat sport it is still also a martial art. There’s a certain level of discipline that needs to be present during classes. It is understood however that kid’s Jiu Jitsu Classes in Montebello should be fun for kids but there needs to be a line. If there is too much goofing off in the class then there won’t be anything learned and the point to a martial arts class is proper discipline and respect.
5. Self-Defense – Check to make sure they teach the proper self-defense tactics for children. You may see this during a class period that your child is attending and proper kid’s self-defense should include methods for getting away from the bully without use of violence. There should also be lessons in the understanding of martial arts being an absolute last resort. The last thing you will want is to have to go to your child’s school because he or she was fighting on campus.
With these things in mind we hope you find great Kids Jiu Jitsu Classes in Montebello.
As mentioned before, many gyms offer these free classes in the hopes of you being able to see what they have to offer. You should do just that and use the 5 things here as a guide to finding a good program.