Want to improve your BJJ fast? Here are the 5 top tips for you!
- Stretch. There are some great tutorials on YouTube on the most effective methods of stretching. My personal favorite way of stretching in in GingerNinjaTrickster’s Video’s on “Methods of stretching. You can also do yoga at home witch will have separate benefits as well.
- Sleep. Listen, I know it’s fun, but don’t play video games until your eyes pop out and don’t do anything stupid the night before for the best results. As a side note, the best way to stretch is before you sleep. In addition, don’t overtrain. Even though Jiu-Jitsu is addictive, it’s easy to overtrain. It gets to a point where you train so much without stopping, that you aren’t being benefited anymore, and all you’re doing is torturing your body
- Lift weights/Do cardio. I don’t think this needs much explaining. Lifting weights gets the ladies and puts less strain on the mat.
- Solo drills. Some gyms teach solo drills that you can do to improve different attributes. I’ll bring it up again, there’s a YouTuber called ChewJitsu that posts drills, solo drills, and also off the mat tips. I’d check him out if I were you. He’s great.
- Research. At first, I thought that this wouldn’t help, but it never hurts to see what the world of Judo/Jiu Jitsu has to offer. Once I started researching, I started to learn much more and over all became a much better martial artist. That’s about it. There’s probably more you can do, but I just tried to name a few.