With Christmas around the corner, the timing couldn’t be better for a lean, healthy cookie recipe, that satisfies your sweet tooth! If you’re anyhting like you love cookies :) So I’ve decided to share my High Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe.
Now remember when making these cookies, it’s important to follow the directions. I’ve calculated these cookies at 60 calories a cookie, with 8g of protein. They are so delicious that they can be dipped into milk even coffee if you want some extra pep!
These cookies are delightfully simple to make, and perfect for surprising people at an office or holiday party. You will be the star! I suggest storing these cookies in an airtight container as this will extend their shelf-life.
High Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Yield: 40 Cookies
1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
3 Scoops Chocolate Protein Powder (I recommend Optimum Nutrition or Labrada Lean Pro 8)
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
6 each Egg Whites
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
To make the Glaze:
1/4 cup of water
1 Tbs. Corn Syrup
1 cup Confectioners sugar
1/2 oz. Unsweetened Chocolate, grated or chopped into thin pieces
1 Tbs. Peanut Butter
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 deg. In a glass bow, combine the flour, protein powder, baking soda and salt. Mix Well.
2. Use a mixer and combine the peanut butter and brown sugar, on low speed for 1 minute.
3. Add the egg whites to the flour mixture , on low speed a little bit at a time. (This part is crucial)
4. Then slowly add the peanut butter mixture and mix for about 3 minutes.
5. Line a 1/2 size baking sheet with foil and set aside. Using two spoons form balls, place them on the foil lined pan and lightly press them with your thumb to flatten the dough.
6. Place the cookies in the oven for 6-8 minutes, remove them and allow them to cool.
To Make the Glaze-
1. In a small sauce pan, combine the water and corn syrup and bring to a boil. Divide the glaze mixture in two bowls. In one bowl add the chocolate and mix well. Using a fork, dip into the chocolate and drizzle over the cookies.
2. In the other bowl, add the peanut butter and mix. If the glaze is too thick, add 1tbs of water at a time until the glaze is the desired consistency. Once again use a fork to drizzle over the cookies so that you have a 50/50 mix of chocolate and peanut butter.
Remember the holidays are a time to reflect on all the blessings we’ve received all year long and to appreciate the company of our family and friends.
Believe and Achieve,
P.S. Don’t forget about our 30 Day Free Trial. Feel free to respond to this email with your name and phone number and one of our friendly MMA Consultants will give you a call.